- No upcoming events available
DemNet Day at the State Fair - Wed. 8/17
COME TO SPRINGFIELD!
We're organizing a Statewide Democratic Meetup with special guests, then we're going to the official State Rally featuring Illinois' top Democratic Leaders (see itinerary below). This is going to be an enjoyable, important event! Cost from Chicago is $20/person, $30/couple or $10/student to cover transportation (donate now!). Carpooling is also available depending on driver availability. RSVP to Christina Raguso at email@example.com
We'll have some of Illinois's top Democratic Leaders to address our very own Statewide Meetup. Speakers include Alderman Joe Moore (Chicago), Mayor Tim Davlin (Springfield), Attorney General Lisa Madigan and others. The location for this year's Statewide Democratic Meetup will be in the Corona tent on the Fair Grounds (photo - map). Date and time is Wednesday, Aug. 17. 12:15pm-1:45pm.
TRANSPORTATION FROM CHICAGO
We'll have pickup points in Evanston and Chicago (see Itinerary). Anyone who went to Wisconsin last year will be familiar with the routine. We only ask that people coming this year make a minimum suggested donation of $20/person, $30/couple or $10/student to help cover the cost of the buses. Carpooling is also possible -- drivers, please tell us how many people you can take! (We don't want to end up with too many passagers and too few seats!) Please RSVP to Christina Raguso at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's the draft itinerary for the day itself (Wed. 8/17):
- 7:30am Leave Evanston (DPOE, 826 Custer - near Main St. Purple Line)
- 8:15am Leave Chicago (UIC Pavillion, 525 S. Racine - near Racine Ave. Blue Line)
- 12noon Arrive in Springfield
- 12noon-1:45pm Statewide Democratic Meetup, Corona Tent, Illinois State Fair Grounds
- 1:45pm-2:00pm Go to Director's Lawn
- 2:00pm-4:00pm Official Rally
- 4:00pm-6:00pm Free time to visit the Fair
- 6:00pm Leave to trip back to Chicago
- 9:15pm Arrive Back in Chicago
- 9:30pm Arrive Back in Evanston
For information on Governor's Day at the State Fair, see the Official Website
For maps and directions on getting to the State Fair, see their Map and Directions Page.
For information or to RSVP, please contact Christina Raguso at email@example.com